E-bikes and pedelecs are a major trend and a growing market for years. In 2018, almost every fourth bicycle that was sold had an electric support drive. To ensure that they are safe to use, manufacturers and distributors must fulfill numerous requirements. Legally, however, pedelecs are attributed to the machine directive as they are motorized. There are also further legal and standardized bases for pedelecs, which must also be considered with respect to the CE conformity.
Our seminar “Pedelecs – safely and reliably on your way” on November 13, 2019 in Hamburg will give you an overview of legal safety requirements for pedelecs, your duties as well as sensible technical measures for minimizing any risk of liability.
The individual content of the seminars we offer:
- Legal bases for product safety in Europe
- Legal requirements of EPACs (Pedelecs)
- Electromagnetic compatibility of EPACs (Pedelecs)
- Chemical requirements (REACH/RoHS)
- Special requirements: other special features of EPACs
- Outlook: current proposals for standards, mobility with cargo bikes and e-scooters
For further information, please visit our website. If you have any questions regarding this topic, please feel free to get in touch with your designated contact in sales or our order management by calling +49(0)40 600 202-330 or or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.